Low-Code is a combination of traditional code and No-Code. In other words, Low-Code allows us to benefit from both the advantages of traditional development (flexibility, customisation) and No-Code (speed, accessibility). This development mode is increasingly used and recognized.
Low-Code literally means "few code".
Low-Code technologies allow to develop Web and Mobile applications with few lines of code thanks to a visual modeling.
Thus, the Low-Code approach allows developers to realize 80% of an application without a single line of code and to concentrate the coding effort on the remaining 20%, ensuring a significant time saving in the technical execution of digital projects.
According to the International Data Corporation (IDC), by 2024, nearly 500 million applications will need to be developed worldwide - that's as many as in the last 40 years.
This is mainly due the exponential growth of the Cloud and the vital need for companies to digitalize and reinvent their businesses. No-Code and Low-Code approaches tend to become indispensable to meet this strong future demand and growing need for flexibility.
Low-Code technologies meet the needs of companies for speed, flexibility and scalability in the development of their customer and internal business applications.
The ratio is generally as follows: 4 weeks of Low-Code development compared to 4 months of traditional programming.
Startups, SMEs and large companies may need to go through Low-Code development, whether it is to :
- speed up and iterate the launch of an innovative product ;
- digitize an existing process ;
- change the technical stack.
Low-Code / No-Code technologies accelerate application development by 5 times.
They allow organizations to meet the growing demand of different business needs, increase the ability to innovate and adapt quickly to uncertain situations.
They greatly facilitate the creation and deployment of a large-scale application portfolio and are compatible with all media and technologies.
Low-Code and No-Code technologies share many common advantages: they allow to create, deploy and modify applications in record time. While No-Code platforms are adequate for simple process automation and digitalization applications, they are not yet adapted to projects requiring complex integrations with the company's information systems.
As for Low-Code platforms, the most advanced ones such as Bubble bring today mature and robust solutions to respond to any type of project up to complex core-business projects requiring complex integrations or massive data processing.
Many No-Code and Low-Code tools exist. In this nebula of platforms, it is important to find the right tool for your needs.
Sometimes numbers are better than words:
$21B - $21 billion is the amount companies will spend on Low-Code development platforms by 2022. Source: Forrester
500M - the expected demand for applications in organisations and enterprises by 2023. Source: IDC
450M - the number of applications that will be developed in the next 5 years using a Low-Code tool. Source: Microsoft
50% - the percentage of companies that will use Low-Code development platforms by 2023. Source: Gartner
67% - the number of employers saying they could not find qualified candidates for their IT jobs, with 40% of organisations saying they could not cope with the extra work because of this lack of skills. Source: Linux Academy
However, there will always be a need for developers with advanced programming frameworks for complex projects.
So there is a certain complementarity between No-Code and traditional code.
Founded in 2012 by Josh Haas and Emmanuel Straschnov, Bubble is an innovative visual programming technology and cloud platform that enables modern development teams to create powerful and complex web and mobile applications in record time. Since its creation, Cube has continued to build its expertise in this technology to become one of the most forward-thinking Bubble agencies in the market.
Webflow is a powerful and intuitive CMS (Content Management System) appreciated by the creative community. This technology allows designers to create high-end websites with advanced functionalities without having to use code. With a very powerful hosting and page optimization technology, Webflow allows to create websites that are perfectly referenced on search engines and offer a high quality experience to visitors.
Airtable is a spreadsheet-based technology that unifies all of a company's or department's data flows in one place. Adaptable and scalable, Airtable rethinks database management by making logistics and business processes more flexible.
Do you want to know more about our Low-Code approach and the benefits it could bring to your digital projects? Contact us, we will answer your questions with pleasure.